An Invitation to Membership in the
Redwood Art Association
The Redwood Art Association is the organization that provides Humboldt County artists a time and place to exhibit and sell their visual art. We do this by organizing and promoting large art exhibitions at our gallery at 603 F Street in Eureka. Our more than 300 members range from nationally known to emerging artists.
Benefits of Membership
- A professional gallery in which to show and sell your art
- Numerous professional exhibitions to display your work
- Opportunities to network with other artists
- Workshops and lectures presented by artists and art authorities
- Personal Galleries available to rent for your personal exhibitions
- Membership meetings and social events
- Special Receptions for judged exhibitions
- Notifications of businesses seeking art for display
- Links to your website on the RAA website
- The Redwood Art Quarterly (newsletter)
- Facebook exposure
- Use your RAA membership card to receive discounts at local merchants:
Ellis Art and Engineering
20% Discount on art supplies
Eureka Glass Company
15% Discount on glass used for artwork
Eureka Art and Frame
Art Center Frame Shop
10% Discount on art books
By nurturing artistic creativity in this way, the Redwood Art Association is supporting visual arts as an important and indispensable part of life and the economy of Humboldt County. We have been serving Humboldt County artists since 1956.
We invite you to join our community of artists. There are seven categories of membership. If you have the financial means, we invite you to join at the Friend of the Gallery level or above.
Buy One Give One
Joining or renewing at the Sustaining Member category or above gives you the opportunity to gift an Individual Membership to a fellow artist or friend. This is a wonderful way to welcome a new member or returning member that has not been a member for at least one year. A gift membership application form will be sent to you to have the new member complete and return. Help us grow our membership and help another artist at the same time. What a lovely gift from you!
- Individual Membership – $50 per year
- 3-year Individual Membership – $125 (16.6% savings)
- 5-year Individual Membership – $200 (20% savings)
- Member +1 (concurrent) – $85 per year
Includes self and one other person of your choice
- Emerging Artist (to age 29 years only) – $30 per year
- Art Educator – $30 per year
Anyone employed as an art teacher at an elementary, middle school, high school, college or university
Emerging Artist and Art Educator receive all the benefits of Individual Membership
- Sustaining Membership – $125 per year
- Gallery Patron – $250 per year
- Benefactor – $500 per year
Sustaining Members and above receive all benefits of Individual Membership plus an invitation to events exclusive to these membership categories.
You may join or renew your membership right here by using a credit card or your PayPal account–it is fast, easy and secure.
Or you may download and print this Membership
Form which is in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format, select your level of membership and mail the completed form with your check to our address indicated on the form.
Additional Ways you may support
Redwood Art Association
RAA Annual Fund
Your donation to the Annual Fund helps us balance the budget, meet operating expenses and grow our building maintenance reserve. Please give generously. Every dollar counts. The Redwood Art Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. A receipt for tax purposes will be provided. You may donate here using your credit card or your PayPal account.
Redwood Art Association Scholarship Fund at College of the Redwoods Scholarships are given every year to students Majoring in Art. This is a perpetual fund, and awards are made only from interest in the account. Your contribution will earn interest in perpetuity.
Leaving a Legacy
This is a good time to review or update your estate plans. We hope you will consider making a charitable gift in your will or living trust to the Redwood Art Association or to the Redwood Art Associaiton Endowment Fund at the Humboldt Area Foundation. If you already have a will or living trust, you can easily amend that document to add the RAA as a beneficiary.
Local Businesses Receive the Following Benefits
for their Support
Benefits of Exhibition Underwriter - $1000 or more
Corporate name used on an exhibition and in all publicity for the exhibition plus use of corporate logo on exhibition entry forms and in the newsletter announcing the exhibition.